Journal Entry: Fri Jun 19, 2015, 2:19 PM
I have several ideas for new comic series, but as usual, my buys life keeps me from really having the time to sit and work for very long on them. Since the beginning of the year, I have worked on-and-off with five different comic series. I'm obviously not going to be able to maintain five different comic series, so I'm considering just making a set of short stories. The idea I have in mind to schedule one short story webcomic per month, with each one being anywhere from 20-50 pages. Some would be "circle" characters, but most would be whole new stories with new characters and everything. I'm juggling these ideas around and not really sure how to proceed right now. What do you think?
Among these ideas are:
- STOOPER HEROES (featuring Vegetable Man and friends)
- ROBOTS IN OUTER SPACE (a very long sci-fi epic, not sure if a short story will work)
- EPIQUEST (an adventure series based on 90s video games)
- CIRCLE CITY GENERATIONS (Circle City in the past, present, and future)
- FANBUGS (two friends who argue about movies, comics, games, etc)
Do any of these sound appealing to you?
I've been getting a lot of requests on ROBOTS for several years now and I'm flattered by it, but it is simply taking me a very long time to work on it. So it is the least-likely to become a regular right now, but I may be able to post a chapter at a time, with unknown lengths of time between them. I'm not sure how I like that idea though.
This is not an especially informative journal, but I figured I'd let you know what's been going through my mind lately. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.